J. Brandon Sweat
My name is Joseph B. Sweat FNP-C and I’m excited about helping people feel and live better.
A Little Bit About Me…
I’m a practicing family nurse practitioner here in the Nashville/ middle TN area. Born and raised Nashvillian. Attended Metro-Nashville public schools from kindergarten through high school. I then enrolled at Nashville State Community College and next transferred to Tennessee State University to complete my Bachelor’s degree in psychology. (It was here I met my amazing wife!) Upon graduation I worked for a few years as a social worker at a local Head Start. After some time and reflection I then decided to pursue a career in medicine. This eventually lead me to Vanderbilt University School of Nursing where I completed a Master’s degree in Nursing with concentration in family practice.
- Trained in bio-identical hormone replacement/optimization therapy through WorldLink Medical- The Academy of Preventative and Innovative Medicine
- Board Certified Family Nurse Practitioner
- Astute in primary care services for all ages
- skilled in evidence based non-conventional treatments of common chronic conditions
- special interest in investigation and management of chronic fatigue
- other special interests include healthy diets, weight loss, and a healthy curiosity & skepticism of common/conventional medical practices and their risks vs. benefits
- Nurse practitioner and clinic director at a nationwide Men’s Health clinic, Brentwood, TN, 2013-2019
- Nurse practitioner at family practice clinic in rural health area, Lyles, TN, 2012-2013
- Social worker for Head Start, Nashville, TN, 2008-2010